So here is the procedure:
1) Run command prompt(cmd). this will be done by clicking start and typing cmd in Windows 7/Windows Xp, click on start and then click on run. Type cmd and run. This may Open the command prompt which is able to appear as if this:
2) Then run diskpart utility from CMD, by typing “diskpart” on command prompt and pressing enter. this will run the diskpart utility in a very separate windows, that is shown in image below:
3) Now insert USB pendrive in any USB port. Remember that Your pen drive should be atleast 4 GB, 8 GB USB pendrive is best for This purpose. Now return to the diskpart console & type “listdisk” and press enter. this may list the different storage devices available. You’ll see the size column of the disk and here ‘disk 2′ is our pen drive. Warning: In your PC it may be some other number. In our case it’s “disk 2″.
4) Then you’ve got to type “select disk 2″ and press enter. Note: in our case it’s disk 2, in your case it may be disk 3/disk 1 or any different number. you can enter “detail disk” to check the details of the disk once you select it to verify that you’ve chosen the right disk. you’ll be able to see these steps within the image below:
5) Then you’ve to run a Series of commands. The commands to be run within the order are:
- create partition primary
- select partition 1
- format fs=fat32
These steps are shown in the following Image:
6) The format step can take some time.after the format is complete you’ve to run “assign” command. and after this U can exit diskpart utility by entering the “exit” command. The steps are shown below:
- The image below shows all the steps taken from the 1st step:
7) when the format is complete, insert your original “Windows 7 DVD” in your DVD drive, or If you’ve an .iso image of the DVD, Mount that .iso image using “power ISO”(any virtual drive software).
- Now open My Computer, and open the contents of DVD Drive.Select all contents and copy all the contents
- Now open the USB Pendrive and press paste all the contents of DVD into the USB Disk.
8 ) Once the copy finishes, you’re done simply remove the USB Pendrive safely and use it to install Windows 7 in your PC.
STEP 2: FORMAT YOUR PC
Insert pendrive in USB port then Restart your computer.press F8 for Boot drive option.Select “pendrive”(it may be appear as your name of your pendrive’s company).Then format your pc as you are doing with DVD.